Monday, May 3, 2010

Liza's Best and Worst of the MET Ball 2010

One of my favorite fashion events of the year has to be the MET Ball, which is held at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC. Celebrating the opening of an exhibition (this year it's the "American Woman: Fashioning a National Identity"), the MET ball basically to me is when all the celebrities come out and wear amazing head to toe designer. I LIVE FOR IT. It is so much fun seeing what everyone is wearing, so I just had to do a best and worst post for this fab event. Here they are! XO, Liza

Best Dressed

Karolina Kurkova in Altuzarra- Well I am OBSESSED. Have never been her biggest fan, but she knocked it out of the ballpark with this dress. It is STUNNING. I love the little bib-like front, the open sides with the bands, and the train. If I was going to the MET ball, this is exactly what I would want to be wearing.

Sienna Miller in Emilio Pucci- Beautiful. Sienna rarely gets it wrong... she has great taste. Not that crazy about her hair, but I love the color of the dress, as well as the awesome shoes. Good job Sienna.

Rachel Bilson in Louis Vuitton- Now I don't really care for Rachel Bilson... she is a horrible actress and her street style is just "eh", but I adore this 50's style dress she wore to the gala. I love that she didn't wear any gaudy jewelry either, as it would take away too much from the dress. Her hair is great too!

Emma Roberts in Marni- Awww... so sweet. Emma Roberts rarely looks bad. I always always love what she wears to her premiers or events like these. Elegant, yet trendy and age appropriate. So many girls her age are just slutting it out, but she always looks like a little lady... ballerina bun and all.

Worst Dressed

Katy Perry in Cute Circuit- Oy geez... this has to be the worst of the worst. First all, not sure who Cute Circuit is, but let's keep it that way because the clothing is atrocious. This dress reminds me of one of the hideous ball gowns I would have put on one of my Barbie's in the 80's... hate it. So tacky. Oh and it lights up too! Uhhh what? Like your music Katy, but not your fashion sense.

Nicole Richie in Marc Jacobs- This is just like a lackluster disco ball in a dress. Nicole has not been doing it for me lately. Her style was so so much better when she had short blonde hair and was just emerging as a fashion icon. I am so over her floor length boho crap and her long curled extensions... I miss the old Nicole. :(

Blake Lively in Marchesa- Bleh... so ugly. I really don't like anything about it. The color is kind of gross and the embellishments are just cheesy.

Bar Refaeli in Rag and Bone- Alright so everyone knows Bar has a great bod, but really... this short of a dress to the MET ball? SO yucky. Not to mention I cannot believe it is Rag and Bone! Custom made too! Veeeerrrryyyy interesting... meh.

justjared.com, knighttcat.com

2 comments:

  1. Karolina is in Altuzarra SS2010

    http://styleandsavory.wordpress.com/2010/05/04/met-ball-2010/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...