Thursday, March 31, 2011

Liza's Hair Guide for Spring 2011

Now that winter is practically over and we are heading into spring, I thought it was the perfect time to do a hair care post. Most of our tresses are dull and damaged from the horrible winter wind and below freezing temps... time to change that! I am SO ready for everything and anything spring and looking at some of my favorite hairstyles and hair products totally got me in the mood! Below I made a collage of some of my favorite do's for the upcoming season, as well as a little guide of some of my personal favorite hair care products and tools. Hope you guys enjoy! Oh and click on this link make it better to check out an article my sister, Jenny, recently wrote for "make it better" magazine on her favorite at- home hair protectants! XO, Liza



My hair stylist, Amy recently recommended this product to me and so far, I have been loving it! Since I use a lot of heat on my hair when I style it, this not only moisturizes it, but helps protects my strands from all the excessive blow drying and flat ironing I end up doing. Kerastase truly makes the best hair care products out there. No doubt!

If you are in the market for a new flat iron, I highly suggest you try this one out. Not only is it nice and lightweight, but it moves easily through the hair without getting caught like other styling tools. Oh and did I mention that it shuts off after 30 minutes if you are not using it? What a bonus! I always used to worry about not turning my flat iron off when I left my apartment... Now I never have to think about it! 

My sister first got this hair dryer and right when I tried it, I knew I HAD to have it. There is nothing more annoying that standing around and drying your hair for what seems like forever, but with the T3 Featherweight, you are literally done in a few minutes... no joke. It also makes your hair feel beyond smooth and soft. No frizz whatsoever.

This spray ultimately adds that shine you are always lusting for after styling your hair. People at the salons swear by it. Aquage Beyond Shine also creates a humidity-resistant barrier so your hair won't poof when it's muggy outside.

Last but not least, I thought I'd throw in my favorite brand of shampoos and conditioners. Yes they are on the pricey side, but they are honestly the best. A few years ago, I was getting frustrated, as my usual shampoos and conditioners were making me break out. I started using these though and that all went away. This Italian brand of hair care comes in a variety of different formulas. My fave is the Momo, which contains arugula extract for dry hair. 

22 comments:

  1. my hair is in need some tender loving repair! winter has to be the absolute worst for me. loving the braided styles and the frizzed one. great product reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the braids! I'm gonna try that when my hair gets longer.


    Jacquelyn
    www.styleworthwhile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That hairdryer sounds incredible..mine always ends up looking like a birds nest after I've blowdried! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post!!!Thanks for sharing the info.
    http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous!!! :)

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    xx

    www.sickbytrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the recs! I'll definitely look into the Keratase heat protectant and the hair spray. :)

    Kristie
    http://www.laceandberries.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love it:) thnx for sharing xx


    http://www.inablondeworld.net/

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooooh thanks girls that means a looot to me! :) thank youu sooo much :)

    and i loveee that braid its cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so helpful! thank you for this, lovelies!
    lately I've been into braids.

    xoxo, Bree

    http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really really need to learn how to do that braid, along with a simple french braid. What kind of styler would you recommend for really thick hair like mine? Bc my current styler isn't much good. Following :)

    http://www.seren-dip-a-tea.blogspot.com/ Please follow me :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this post, great products.

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous hairstyles! I am so jealous of you guys living in LA - you're so lucky! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the hair styles! :)
    Love Lois xxx

    http://lisforlois.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post, a lot of information!
    Kisses from Spain:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this post <3
    Thanks for sharing your tips :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVED the hair at Marc Jacobs s/s 11!
    Great post on hair care!
    And great blog too!
    I love it, and definitely following!
    I hope you visit my blog. :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow! amazing pictures, i really like it!
    and great blog, nice to meet you!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. the hairstyles are soo eccentric! love them

    http://fashionaffair08.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the products, and I can't wait till my hair is long enough to braid like that. Great spring ideas, I'm going to try some of these products!


    http://thestylishnurse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!

    aroma essential oils

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...